Bacon soup - pressure cooker : Food Combining Hay Diet
Ingredients: Bacon soup - pressure cooker : Food Combining Hay Diet
1 small bacon knuckle
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped or crushed
2 carrots, chopped
4 oz / 100 g orange lentils
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
2 pints water
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
DO NOT ADD SALT
Instructions: Bacon soup - pressure cooker : Food Combining Hay Diet
- Soak the bacon knuckle overnight in cold water.
- Boil covered but unsealed for 5 minutes. Remove from the water and take off the thick skin with a sharp knife.
- Replace the knuckle in the cooker and cover with 2 pints water.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to 15 lb pressure.
- Replace lid and bring to high pressure.
- Cook according to the weight of the knuckle at 12 minutes per lb.
- This is more like a stew than a soup and should be served as a main meal.