Beef stew : Food Combining Hay Diet
Ingredients: Beef stew : Food Combining Hay Diet
1 lb / 450g shin of beef
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion
1 oz / 25g mushrooms
2 large carrots
½pint / 300ml beef stock
salt to taste
fresh ground black pepper to taste
Instructions: Beef stew : Food Combining Hay Diet
- Slice the meat into 1/2 inch / 1.5 cm cubes and then brown in a hot frying pan with a little olive oil.
- Chop the onion, mushroom and carrot, and then briefly fry them in the olive oil.
- Place the beef and vegetables with the stock in an oven proof dish.
- Add the herbs and seasoning.
- Bring to a simmer over a low heat.
- Cover with a tight lid and cook slowly in the oven gas mark 1, 275°F, 140°C, for 3 hours.
- Check at intervals to make sure it is simmering gently and add more water if required.