Cheese omelette : Food Combining Hay Diet
Ingredients: Cheese omelette : Food Combining Hay Diet
Omelettes are best eaten immediately after cooking and served hot.
If you are cooking for several people, they will need to be served and eaten as they are cooked, not kept until everyone can be served together.
2 oz / 50g cheese thinly sliced
1 oz / 25g olive oil
1 tablespoon chives chopped
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Instructions: Cheese omelette : Food Combining Hay Diet
- Beat the eggs and stir in the chives, salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and when hot pour in eggs.
- Immediately place the cheese slices over the omelette.
- As soon as the omelette is almost cooked beneath place the frying pan under the grill until the cheese melts. (Don't put the handle under the grill!)
- Flip the sides of the omelette to the centre and serve immediately.
- Add 1 tomato, sliced thinly, before placing the cheese on top.
- Add 2 oz / 50 g mushrooms, sliced thinly, before placing the cheese on top.
- Beat the yolks and the whites separately before folding them together. This makes a lighter omelette.
- For a herb omelette add chopped fresh chives, chopped fresh parsley, chopped fresh marjoram.
- Add several chopped olives.
- For a souflee omelette, beat the whites separately until stiff, then fold into the yolks. Finish under the grill to toast the top.