1 chicken carcass, cooked
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped or crushed
2 carrots, chopped
1 celery stick, sliced
1 small turnip, swede, or parsnip chopped
4 oz / 100 g orange lentils
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
salt & pepper
2 pints water
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Remove all meat from the carcase and set aside. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Put the bones into the pressure cooker and cover with the water. Add seasoning.
- Replace lid and bring to high pressure.
- Remove the carcase and take off any additional meat. Set this aside.
- To the liquor now in the cooker, add the remaining ingredients, seal the cooker and heat to high pressure.
- Cook for 20 minutes under high pressure.
- Reduce pressure, add all the chicken meat and the parsley, and bring to the boil before serving.