Dhal : Food Combining Hay Diet
Ingredients: Dhal : Food Combining Hay Diet
Dhal can be made using a variety of mung beans, split peas and lentils. Wash the pulses well before use and check for any small stones or grit.
For four people
8 oz / 200 g lentils
1 bay leaf
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 pint / 550 ml water
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
salt to taste
Instructions: Dhal : Food Combining Hay Diet
- Put the lentils, bay leaf, garlic, ginger and onion in a pint of water in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and simmer on minimum heat for 45 minutes.
- Just before serving, fry the cumin seeds briefly in the olive oil and then stir cumin seeds plus oil into the dhal.
- Serve the dhal hot with a selection of vegetables or crudites.
- Use a selection of other flavourings such as ground asafetida, turmeric, coriander, fenugreek, mustard seed, garam masala, cayenne pepper, lemon, limes, tamarind paste. Try with 1/4 teaspoonful of each of your selection to start with.