Doughnuts : Food Combining Hay Diet
Ingredients: Doughnuts : Food Combining Hay Diet
It is important that deep frying fat is hot, otherwise the dough will absorb too much fat and become soggy. Take care with hot fat. Use a large pan with a small amount of oil and always have a close fitting lid available for the pan in case of fire, and never leave hot fat unattended.
Makes 24 doughnuts
1 oz / 25 g fresh yeast or 1 tablespoon dried yeast +1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 pint / 250 ml warm water
8 oz / 225 g wholemeal flour
8 oz / 225 g white flour
2 oz / 50g butter
salt to taste
Instructions: Doughnuts : Food Combining Hay Diet
- Crumble the fresh yeast into the liquid or mix in the dried yeast and sugar. Keep warm until the yeast is working well.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Then rub the butter into the flour.
- Slowly, mix the flour into the liquid until a uniform soft dough is formed.
- Don't knead.
- Cover with an oiled polythene sheet and leave in a warm place for one hour when it should double in bulk.
- Use floured hands to shape the dough into balls 1 1/2 inches / 3 cm in diameter. Place on a floured board.
- Cover the dough with an oiled polythene sheet and keep warm until the dough has risen again.
- Preheat the frying oil in a large pan to 190C.
- Deep fry the balls of dough a few at a time for 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Stand the doughnuts on kitchen paper to drain surplus fat.
- Serve hot.
- Add 1 teaspoon of mixed spice to the flour mixture.