Parkin : Food Combining Hay Diet
Ingredients: Parkin : Food Combining Hay Diet
Makes a 1 lb cake
6 oz / 175 g wholemeal flour
2 oz / 50 g butter
2 oz / 50 g medium oatmeal
3 oz / 75 g molasses
2 oz / 50 g chopped dates
2 oz / 50 g chopped figs
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 fl oz / 50 ml milk
salt to taste
Instructions: Parkin : Food Combining Hay Diet
- Rub the butter into the flour.
- Then mix in the molasses, ginger and the chopped fruit.
- Mix in the oatmeal and beaten egg.
- Mix in enough milk to form a stiff batter.
- Pour into a greased and lined bread tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven, gas mark 5, 375F, 190C for one and a half hours, or until done ( check with a skewer ).
- Turn out to cool on a wire rack.