Persian style rice : Food Combining Hay Diet
Ingredients: Persian style rice : Food Combining Hay Diet
For four people
8 oz / 200 g basmati rice
1 oz / 25 g butter
1 oz / 25 g cashew nuts
1 oz / 25 g flaked almonds
1 oz / 25g sultanas
1/2 oz / 12 g grated coconut
1/2 teaspoon poppy seed
1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
a bay leaf
salt to taste
3/4 pint / 425 ml boiling water
Instructions: Persian style rice : Food Combining Hay Diet
- Cover the basmati rice with cold water and soak for one hour and then drain.
- Heat the butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan, fry the bay leaf briefly.
- Add the drained rice to the saucepan and stir in all the other ingredients except for the salt and water.
- When well mixed, add the boiling water, and bring the contents of the pan back to a rolling boil for three minutes.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer until the rice is cooked and all the water absorbed- check every few minutes, it doesn't take very long.
- Serve with a range of vegetables and a curry sauce.