Roast chicken : Food Combining Hay Diet
- Frozen chicken must be completely thawed before cooking starts.
- Removed any neck or giblets.
- Wash the prepared chicken in cold water both inside and out and allow to drain.
- Place the meat in a roasting tin on the middle shelf of a hot oven, gas mark 7, 425°F, 220°C.
- After 20 minutes turn the heat down to moderately hot, gas mark 5, 375°F, 190°C.
- For chicken and duck allow a total cooking time of 15 minutes per lb / 450g and 15 minutes extra.
- To test if the bird is cooked, pull at the junction between the thigh joint and the body. If the juices here are clear and the meat at the joint starts to separate from the bone then the bird is cooked. If the juices here are still pink then cook for longer.
- The juices that run out of the body cavity should also be clear, not pink.
Ingredients: Roast chicken : Food Combining Hay Diet
Instructions: Roast chicken : Food Combining Hay Diet