Rotli : Food Combining Hay Diet
Ingredients: Rotli : Food Combining Hay Diet
Makes 8 rotli
8 oz / 200 g wholemeal wheat flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 fl oz / 125 ml warm water
Instructions: Rotli : Food Combining Hay Diet
- Rub the oil into the flour in a large bowl.
- Add the water, a little at a time, until a firm dough is produced.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes.
- Cover with an oiled polythene sheet and leave for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 portions.
- Roll out each portion on a floured board until 6 inches / 15 cm diameter.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan until it is hot. Do not add oil
- When the pan is hot, cook each rotli for 30 -40 seconds each side - until puffy in places and brown spots appear
- serve hot with a sauce. ( Keep hot in foil lined with kitchen paper ).
- Add finely sliced onion to each portion of dough as it is rolled out. Fold and then roll out each rotli several times.