Rye crispbread : Food Combining Hay Diet
Ingredients: Rye crispbread : Food Combining Hay Diet
Makes 15 small crispbreads
1/2 oz / 12 g fresh yeast or 1/2 tablespoon dried yeast +1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 pint / 250 ml warm water
4 oz / 100 g rye flour
4 oz / 100 g wholemeal flour
1 oz / 25 g corn meal
1 tablespoon molasses
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt to taste
Instructions: Rye crispbread : Food Combining Hay Diet
- Crumble the fresh yeast into the liquid or mix in the dried yeast and sugar. Keep warm until the yeast is working well.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Then mix in the molasses and oil.
- Slowly, mix the flour into the liquid until a uniform dough is formed.
- Knead for 10 to 15 minutes into a smooth dough.
- Leave in a warm place for one hour when it should double in bulk.
- Roll out thinly and cut into squares.
- Place the crispbreads on a greased tray and leave to rise again for an hour.
- Bake in a preheated oven, gas mark 6, 400F, 200C, for 8-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn out onto a wire tray to cool and dry.
- Keep crispbreads in an airtight container.