Other fish can be used but salmon is the most delicious!
16 oz / 450 cooked or tinned salmon
8 oz / 225 g mushrooms
6 oz / 175 g cooked sweetcorn
6 oz / 175 g cooked peas
3 oz / 75 g grated cheese
1/3 pint milk
2 tablespoons fresh mayonnaise
1 glass white wine
1 oz / 25 g butter
- Flake the salmon into a casserole dish and cover with the sliced mushrooms, peas and sweetcorn.
- Slice the leek and fry gently in a little butter.
- Add the milk slowly and allow to simmer until the leek is cooked.
- Remove from the heat and add the wine and mayonnaise.
- Stir in 2 oz cheese and pour over the salmon and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake in a moderate oven, gas mark 5, 375°F, 190°C for 20 - 30 minutes until hot through and golden on top.