4 oz / 100 g red lentils
¼ pint / 150 ml water
4 oz / 100 g tomatoes
8 oz / 200 g aubergine
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoon olive oil
½teaspoon mixed herbs
6 oz / 150 g soft cheese or fromage frais
- Slice the aubergine thinly and then sprinkle liberally with salt. Leave this to stand for 30 minutes and then wash well to rinse off all the salt and blot the slices dry with a clean cloth.
- Cook the lentils and herbs in ¼ pint / 150ml of water for 30 minutes.
- Fry the aubergines, tomatoes, onion and garlic in the olive oil until soft.
- Mix the cooked lentils with the rest of the vegetables and place in an oven-proof bowl.
- Beat the egg and cheese together and pour over the top of the vegetables.
- Cook in a preheated oven gas mark 6, 400°F, 200°C and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.