Wholemeal scones : Food Combining Hay Diet
Ingredients: Wholemeal scones : Food Combining Hay Diet
Scones are always best hot from the oven with a little butter.
Makes one large scone loaf or 12 individual scones
1/2 oz / 12 g fresh yeast or 1/2 tablespoon dried yeast +1 teaspoon sugar
3 fl oz / 80 ml sour milk or cream
1/2 pint / 250 ml warm water
1 lb / 400g wholemeal flour
salt to taste
Instructions: Wholemeal scones : Food Combining Hay Diet
- Mix the water and milk / cream together, crumble the fresh yeast into the liquid or mix in the dried yeast and sugar. Keep warm until the yeast is working well.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Then mix in the molasses and oil.
- Slowly, mix the flour into the liquid until a uniform dough is formed.
- Knead for 10 to 15 minutes into a stiff dough.
- Leave in a warm place for one hour when it should double in bulk.
- Form the dough into a ball but don't knead again. Place on a greased tray. For individual scones, form the dough into 12 small balls on a greased tray.
- Cover the dough with an oiled polythene sheet and keep warm until the dough has risen again.
- Bake in a preheated oven, gas mark 7, 425F, 220C for 45 minutes or until done ( check with a skewer ). Individual scones will not need as long as this. 20 -30 minutes should be sufficient.
- Turn out of the trays and cool on a wire rack.