Halva : Glutenfree
Ingredients: Halva : Glutenfree
1 lb or 450 g flesh of summer squash, young pumpkin or courgette, peeled, with seeds removed
3/4 pint or 425 ml whole milk
3 cardamom pods
1 tablespoon crushed sesame seed
1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
5 tablespoons sugar
Instructions: Halva : Glutenfree
• Puree the squash flesh and then mix with the milk and cardamom pods in a heavy bottomed pan.
• Add the crushed sesame seed and chopped pistachios.
• Bring to the point of simmer and then turn the heatdown until just on the simmer.
• Stir at intervals until all the liquid has evaporated.
• Add the oil and sugar and continue stiring over theheat for ten minutes.
• Spread the mixture on non-stick baking parchment ona shallow baking tray
• Allow to cool to room temperature before cutting into small cubes and serving.