Beetroot soup Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
Ingredients: Beetroot soup Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
For four people
1 pint / 550 ml stock
8 oz / 225 g beetroot, chopped
4 oz / 100 g carrot, chopped
4 oz / 100 g onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt to taste
Instructions: Beetroot soup Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
- Fry all the vegetables, gently, in the oil for five minutes.
- Add the beetroot and other vegetables to the stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer gently for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, then liquidise.
- Serve with any wholemeal bread.