Buckwheat pancakes Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
Ingredients: Buckwheat pancakes Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
Makes 12 - 16 pancakes
4 oz / 100 g buckwheat flour
4 oz / 100 g wholemeal flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 pint 280 ml water
salt to taste
Instructions: Buckwheat pancakes Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
- Mix the flours, salt, raising agent and olive oil.
- Mix the egg mixture into the flour mixture and add enough water to form a thin and runny batter.
- Let the mixture stand for half an hour.
- Preheat a heavy based frying pan.
- Drop the batter into the pan in spoonfuls and immediately spread as thinly as possible. Cook until brown each side.
- Serve hot with lemon juice.