Oatcakes Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
Ingredients: Oatcakes Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
Makes 12 oatcakes
8 oz / 200 g medium oatmeal
1 tablespoon molasses
1 oz / 25 g melted lard
salt to taste
Instructions: Oatcakes Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
- Mix all the ingredients together with enough boiling water to make a soft dough.
- Knead well, and roll out thinly on a floured board.
- Cut the dough into rounds and place the crispbreads on a greased tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven, gas mark 6, 400F, 200C, for 8-12 minutes until brown.
- Turn out onto a wire tray to cool and dry.
- Keep oatcakes in an airtight container.
- Use half wholemeal flour in place of half the oatmeal.