8 oz okra (ladies' fingers)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cardamom seeds
8 oz low-fat yogurt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon chopped basil or marjoram
- Put the okra into a pan, sprinkle with salt, cover with water and boil for 10 minutes, until just tender.
- Drain, pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat the oil and add the okra. Add the coriander and cardamom and fry gently for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Mix the paprika with the yogurt and add to the pan. Heat through, stirring, but do not boil.
- Sprinkle with basil or marjoram and serve.
- Add 2 cloves chopped or crushed garlic with the spices.
- Add chopped spring onions with the spices.