Hazelnut loaf Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
Ingredients: Hazelnut loaf Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
4 oz / 100 g coarsely chopped hazelnuts
2 - 3 tablespoon olive oil
2 onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon crushed coriander seeds or ground coriander
4 oz / 100 g carrots, grated
1 glass red wine
2 tablespoons tomato puree
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
Instructions: Hazelnut loaf Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
- Fry the onion gently in the oil (this can be done in the microwave, using full power for 1 minute).
- Add the garlic and coriander. Stir in the wine, carrots and tomato puree and simmer for 5 minutes (2 minutes in the microwave).
- Mix in the nuts, parsley and seasoning, turn into an oven-proof glass loaf dish.
- Bake at Gas Mark 4, 180 C, 350 F, for 40 - 45 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Cook at full power in the microwave for 10 - 12 minutes (do not allow to overcook - it should be still slightly moist when removed).
- Use grated apple in place of the carrot.
- Add grated cheese to the mixture.
- Use cashew nuts instead of hazelnuts and creamed horseradish sauce instead of tomato puree.