Parathas Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
Parathas are the staple bread of Northern India, quick to make, best eaten hot from the pan.
Ingredients: Parathas Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
Makes enough for 4 people
8 oz / 225 g wholemeal flour
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 pint / 150 ml warm water
salt to taste
1 tablespoon melted butter
extra frying oil
Instructions: Parathas Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
- Rub the oil into the flour.
- Mix in the warm water to form a dough.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 portions.
- Roll out each ball on a lightly floured board until 5 inches / 12 cm diameter. Brush the top surface with melted butter and fold in half and roll again.
- Fold in half and roll again.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan until hot. Add a little oil.
- Cook one paratha at a time for 30 seconds each side - until they turn brown in places.