Polenta Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
Ingredients: Polenta Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
1/2 oz / 12 g butter
2 oz / 50g maize corn meal - often sold as polenta
1/4 pint / 150 ml water
salt to taste
Instructions: Polenta Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
- Use a heavy bottomed pan.
- Mix the polenta with the butter and water while cold and then bring slowly to the boil .
- You must stir frequently as the polenta thickens for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a little low-fat yogurt.
- Pour the cooked polenta into a greased tray to set. Allow to cool and cut into squares. Fry the squares in olive oil and serve hot.