Pumpkin & spice bread Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
Ingredients: Pumpkin & spice bread Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
Makes one 1 lb cake
8 oz / 200 g wholemeal flour
2 oz / 50 g ground almonds
salt to taste
2 teaspoon raising agent
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1 oz / 25 g butter, softened
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 oz / 150 g pumpkin puree or courgette puree
2 tablespoon black treacle or molasses
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 pint / 150 ml water
Instructions: Pumpkin & spice bread Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
- Mix the flour, ground almonds, raising agent, and spices thoroughly.
- Rub in the butter and oil.
- Mix in the pumpkin puree or courgette puree, honey, and the molasses.
- Mix with a little water to a soft but not sticky dough. Do not use all the water if it is not needed!
- Roll out to about an 8 inch / 25 cm round. Place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake at 400°F, 200°C, Gas Mark 6 for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Cool for ten minutes before turning out and cool on a wire rack.