Shropshire and walnut sauce Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
Use in small quantities only - don't smother food with sauces.
Ingredients: Shropshire and walnut sauce Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
4 oz Shropshire Blue cheese, crumbled
8 oz low-fat cream cheese
3 oz chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons red wine or port
4 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Instructions: Shropshire and walnut sauce Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
- Blend all the ingredients except the nuts together in a bowl or blender.
- Add the nuts and heat gently until almost at boiling point.
- Pour over cooked mixed vegetables and serve.
- Use as a warm or cold dip with raw vegetables as in Blue Cheese & Walnut Sauce. If using it cold, you do not need to heat first.
- Substitute stilton or gorgonzola for the Shropshire Blue cheese.