Sunflower crispbread Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
Ingredients: Sunflower crispbread Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
Makes 12 - 15 small crispbreads
4 oz / 100 g sweet chestnut puree
4 oz / 100 g sunflower seed
2 oz / 50 g wholemeal flour
1 oz / 25 g melted lard
salt to taste
Instructions: Sunflower crispbread Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
- Liquidise the sunflower seeds with the sweet chestnut puree.
- Mix in the melted lard.
- Mix in the wholemeal flour.
- Roll out a walnut sized lump of dough between two sheets of silicone coated or greaseproof paper until it is 2 mm thick.
- Place the crispbreads on a greased tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven, gas mark 6, 400F, 200C, for 8 -12 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn out onto a wire tray to cool and dry.
- Keep crispbreads in an airtight container.