Winter fruit salad Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
Ingredients: Winter fruit salad Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
To serve 4
6 oz / 175 g dried Hunza apricots
4 oz / 100 g dried prunes
4 oz / 100 g dried apple rings
1 dessertspoon honey
cinnamon to taste
1 pint / 550 ml apple juice or ½pint / 280 ml each orange juice and water
I oz / 25 g flaked almonds
Instructions: Winter fruit salad Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
- Soak the dried fruit in the fruit juice /fruit juice and water for 2 hours or overnight.
- Add honey and cloves and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve with low-fat yogurt.
- Use dates, figs, raisins and sultanas and grape juice.