Apple and fruit slice - vegetarian lifestyle recipe book
Ingredients: Apple and fruit slice - vegetarian lifestyle recipe book
Makes 2 lb
1 lb / 450 g eating apples
3 oz / 75 g chopped hazel nuts
4 oz / 100 g chopped dates
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 oz / 25 g butter, softened
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon black treacle or molasses
1 egg, beaten
4 oz / 100 g flaked oats or flaked rice
Instructions: Apple and fruit slice - vegetarian lifestyle recipe book
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Line a shallow 11 x 8 inch / 28 x 20 cm tin with foil.
- Spread the mixed ingredients over the foil in the tin.
- Bake at 350°F, 180°C, Gas Mark 4 for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Allow to go cold before cutting into fingers and turning out of the tin.
- Pumpkin slice: use 1lb of chopped pumpkin flesh in place of the apple.
- Chopped figs or chopped dried apricots may be used in place of the dates.
- Chocolate can be used in place of the butter.