Cornmeal pudding - vegetarian lifestyle recipe book
Ingredients: Cornmeal pudding - vegetarian lifestyle recipe book
5 oz / 150 g yellow cornmeal
3/4 pint / 425 ml boiling water
1 oz / 25 g butter
2 tablespoon black treacle or molasses
1 tablespoon honey
salt to taste
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 pint / 150 ml low-fat yogurt
4 oz / 100 g sultanas or raisins
1 egg, beaten
Instructions: Cornmeal pudding - vegetarian lifestyle recipe book
- Place the cornmeal in a saucepan and stir in the boiling water, a little at a time, until all the water has been added.
- Continue to stir over gentle heat until the mixture thickens and comes to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter, molasses, honey and spices.
- Mix the eggs with the yogurt and sultanas and then quickly stir these into the cooled mixture.
- Place the mixture in an oven-proof dish.
- Bake at gas mark 4, 350 F, 180 C, for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm.