Blue cheese and walnut sauce : Food Combining Hay Diet
Ingredients: Blue cheese and walnut sauce : Food Combining Hay Diet
Serve with any protein or vegetables.
8 oz / 200g tub soft cream cheese
4 oz / 100g tub fromage frais
4 oz / 100g soft blue cheese - Cambozola is ideal
2 oz / 50g chopped walnuts
2 oz / 50g fresh basil leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 oz / 25g fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1 small glass red wine
1 dessertspoon walnut oil
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
Instructions: Blue cheese and walnut sauce : Food Combining Hay Diet
- Melt the cambozola gently, either in a saucepan or in a microwave (30 seconds).
- Blend all the ingredients together except the nuts in a bowl or blender.
- Add the nuts and heat gently until almost at boiling point. Do not allow to boil.
- Pour over mixed cooked vegetables (broccoli, sweetcorn, root vegetables, cauliflower).
- Sprinkle with more herbs or some parmesan cheese and serve at once.
- Serve in individual oven-proof gratin dishes and brown under the grill.
- Use as a warm or cold dip with raw vegetables - carrot sticks, cauliflower florets, celery, courgette sticks etc.