8 oz 225 g chestnut puree
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs - sage, thyme, rosemary
6 oz / 150 g carrots, grated
2 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the onion gently in the oil for 2 -3 minutes (microwave 1 minute).
- Add garlic and fry for further minute (1/2 minute in microwave).
- Stir in all remaining ingredients and turn into an oven-proof glass bowl
- Bake in conventional oven at Gas Mark 4, 180 C, 350 F, for 40 - 45 minutes or in the microwave for 12 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot or cold. Accompany with Spicy Mayonnaise (see recipe).
- This is ideal for those who do not like the crunchiness of chopped nuts. If you want a crunchy texture, add 3 oz / 75 g each chopped walnuts and hazelnuts.