Makes 12 - 16 pancakes
4 oz / 100 g sweet-chestnut puree (unsweetened)
8 oz wholemeal flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 pint 280 ml water
salt to taste
- Beat the eggs and the sweet-chestnut puree to a smooth paste - use a food processor.
- Mix the flour, salt, raising agent and olive oil.
- Mix the egg mixture into the flour mixture and add enough water to form a batter.
- Preheat a heavy based frying pan.
- Drop the batter into the pan in spoonfuls, and cook until golden brown each side.
- Serve hot.
- If the batter is made very runny, very thin pancakes can be made that cover the base of the pan. These should be sprinkled with lemon juice and rolled up before serving hot.