A nice starter for a protein meal.
2 avocado pears
one 6 oz / 175 g can crabmeat
1/4 pint / 150 ml fish or chicken stock
1 oz / 25 g butter
5 oz / 125 g double cream
1/2 oz / 12 g gelatine
3 tablespoons white wine
1/2 pint / 280 ml mayonnaise
garnish of fresh parsley
- Halve the pears and scoop the flesh out of the skins. Mash with a fork or in a blender.
- Drain the crabmeat and add the liquid to the stock.
- Flake the crabmeat and add to the mashed avocado.
- Melt the butter in a pan, stir in 1 tablespoon of cream and simmer gently for 1 minute.
- Stir in the stock and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fold the crab and avocado mixture into the sauce.
- Warm the wine and dissolve the gelatine into it, then stir in the avocado mixture.
- Whip the remaining cream lightly and fold into the avocado mixture, with the mayonnaise.
- Spoon the mixture into a mould or ramekins and chill until set.
- Turn out and serve, garnished with prawns, cucumber slices, lemon slices or fresh parsley.