Allow one small wing or half a large wing per person.
enough milk to cover the wing
fresh herbs- fennel, rosemary, bay, basil
salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the skate wings in one layer in a pan with as little overlap as possible. The pan should have a close fitting lid.
- Add just sufficient milk to cover the wings.
- Sprinkle with herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the milk to a simmer and cover with a lid.
- Turn after 5 minutes.
- Simmer gently for 10 - 15 minutes until cooked - the flesh lifts easily from the cartilage but the cartilage does not fall apart.
- Use the milk to make a sauce or fish soup. (freeze until required)