2 slices ham
2 thick stems of asparagus
2 tablespoons light olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 small onion, chopped
2 oz / 50 g double cream
1 tablespoon fresh mayonnaise
Pinch of curry powder
2 fl oz / 60 ml chicken stock
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- Roll the ham around the asparagus and lay in a shallow dish.
- Heat the oil, add the onion and garlic and cook gently for 3 minutes until soft.
- Blend the cream, mayonnaise and curry powder and add to the oil, simmering gently.
- Add the chicken stock and mix thoroughly.
- Simmer for 1 minute.
- Add most of the herbs and pour the sauce over the ham and asparagus.
- Sprinkle with the remaining herbs and a little Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at Gas Mark 4, 350 F, 180 C for 20-30 minutes.