2 oz / 50 g short grain rice
1/2 pint 280 ml water
1 oz / 25 g molasses or honey
1/2 pint cream
the smallest pinch of saffron
1 tablespoon chopped almonds
1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Soak the rice in the water for one hour ( do not drain), in a saucepan.
- Simmer gently for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Transfer to an oven-proof dish, add the molasses, cream and saffron and stir well.
- Sprinkle the chopped almonds, pistachios and nutmeg on top.
- Bake in the oven, gas mark 2, 300 F, 150 C, for two hours.