1 small young pumpkin or squash- about the size of a large grapefruit
4 dried apricots, chopped finely
1 tablespoon orange peel
2 tablespoons raisins or sultanas
2 oz or 50 g sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons dark fruit jelly - blueberry or blackberry
1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 oz or 100g
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
• Peel the pumpkin and remove the seeds and pulp. Chop the flesh
• Beat the pumkin flesh to a puree with the egg, sugar and oil.
• Beat in all the remaining ingredients.
• Put the mixture into a deep 8 inch / 20 cm cake tine lined with non-stick baking parchment.
• Bake in a preheated oven, gas mark 4, 350F, 180C, for 1 1/4- 1 1/2 hours.