To serve four
8 oz / 225g potato
1 medium onion
2 oz / 50g pea flour
mixed dried herbs
salt to taste
1 lb / 450g lean ground beef
- Cook the potato and onion together in water until soft, then drain and mash well.
- Beat together the egg, flour, herbs and salt.
- Mix in the beef and potato.
- Sprinkle a little of the chosen flour on a tray and spoon out the mixture onto the flour.
- Flatten the mixture for beefburgers, or roll into sausage shapes.
- Grill, turning to cook both sides until brown.