Carrot Soup Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
Ingredients: Carrot Soup Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
To serve four
4 oz / 100g well chopped onions
4 oz / 100g turnip or swede, chopped
8 oz / 225g carrot, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt to taste
fresh ground black pepper to taste
1 pint / 600ml stock
¼ pint / 150ml milk
Instructions: Carrot Soup Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
- Cook the onions, carrots and swede slowly in the oil for ten minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper and the stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and then liquidise.
- Bring back to the boil and stir in the milk before serving.
- Garnish with grated carrot.