For each person
one chicken breast
1 oz / 25g strong flavoured low-fat cheese
1 rasher of lean bacon.
White wine as required.
- Roll the Stilton inside the chicken breast and then roll this inside the bacon.
- Pin this together with a cocktail stick.
- Sit it in an oven proof dish with the flap of bacon underneath to stop it unrolling.
- Now pour a little white wine over the roll.
- Leave to marinade for 4 hours basting with the wine at intervals.
- Cook in a preheated oven, gas mark 6 400°F 200°C
- bake for 40 minutes to one hour depending on thickness.
- Serve hot, garnishing each plate with lettuce and tomato and cucumber.
- This dish is also very good served cold.