A nice starter.
2 avocado pears
one 6 oz / 175 g can crabmeat
1/4 pint / 150 ml fish or chicken stock
5 oz / 125 g low-fat yogurt
1/2 oz / 12 g gelatine
3 tablespoons white wine
1/2 pint / 280 ml low-fat mayonnaise
garnish of fresh parsley
- Halve the pears and scoop the flesh out of the skins. Mash with a fork or in a blender.
- Drain the crabmeat and add the liquid to the stock.
- Flake the crabmeat and add to the mashed avocado.
- Stir the yogurt into the mixture.
- Warm the wine and dissolve the gelatine into it, then stir in the avocado mixture.
- Fold the mayonnaise into the avocado mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into a mould or ramekins and chill until set.
- Turn out and serve, garnished with prawns, cucumber slices, lemon slices or fresh parsley.