2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 lb tomatoes, sliced
1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, chopped
1/2 teaspoon crushed cardamom
1/2 teaspoon crushed coriander
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon molasses
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Fry the onion in the oil until soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the fresh coriander, and simmer without covering until the mixture thickens.
- Add the molasses and cook for a further 5 minutes,
- Stir in the fresh coriander and serve.
- Use oregano or basil in place of coriander.