Potato scones Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
Potato scones are always best hot from the frying pan with a little butter.
A food-processor ensures a good mix of potato and flour.
Ingredients: Potato scones Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
Makes 12 individual scones
1 lb / 450 g cooked potato
4 oz / 200g wholemeal flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt to taste
Instructions: Potato scones Recipe: Low Fat, Low Sugar
- Ensure the potato is well mashed. If you are using a food processor you can include the potato skins.
- Mix the mashed potato, flour and oil. Work them into a smooth paste.
- Roll balls of dough out thinly on a lightly floured working surface.
- Heat a lightly oiled heavy frying pan.
- Fry until golden brown each side.