1 lb / 450 g Ox liver, cut into strips
Juice and grated rind of 1 orange
4 tomatoes, quartered
4 oz / 100 g mushrooms
Herbs - rosemary, thyme, oregano
Olive oil to fry onions
- Skin and chop the onion, Fry gently in the olive oil until translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the liver. Fry quickly, turning until sealed on all sides.
- Add the orange juice and rind.
- Add the tomatoes and fry just long enough to heat through.
- Sprinkle with herbs,
- Serve with green vegetables.
- Add gooseberries and fry with the onion.
Tip - liver should not be cooked for more than a few minutes.