4 oz / 100 g mushrooms
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 spaghetti marrow
Herbs or seasoning to taste
1 lb / 450 g ground lean beef
4 oz / 100 g grated hard low-fat cheese
- Bake the spaghetti marrow whole for 2 hours at gas mark 3 / 325 ° F / 160 ° C.
- While it is cooking, fry the onion, mushrooms, garlic, herbs and seasonings gently in olive oil.
- Then add the mince.
- Fry for 5 - 10 minutes, making sure the meat is cooked through.
- Then add a little hot water and simmer gently for a further 20 minutes.
- Split the marrow and extract the spaghetti-like inside.
- Serve this on to plates and pile the meat sauce on top.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the meat and serve.
- Use minced turkey for the lowest cost.
- Add bean sprouts to the onion and mushroom.
- Tip - Grow your own spaghetti marrow