294.gluten, egg and dairy free diets for 6-12 month old baby Moderated discussion and help for gluten free, coeliac, celiac, wheat allergies or intolerance, Cookery and recipes

gluten, egg and dairy free diets for 6-12 month old baby: from Rose Montgomery on 2006-05-23

My daughter has recently been diagnosed to be allergic to eggs and have intolerance to dairy and wheat so the doctor has recommended that she be on a gluten, egg, dairy and nut free diet until 12 months when we will review everything.

Neither I nor my husband have allergies and so are totally new to trying to source appropriate food.

Do you have any good sources or recommendations for alternative breakfast and evening foods apart from Baby Rice? Currently she eats Organix Baby Rice in the evening and a range of pureed organic veg at lunch. She doesn't seem to like apple or pear puree.

thanks

gluten, egg and dairy free diets for 6-12 month old baby: from Peter on 2006-05-24

Commercial baby foods use sorghum flour, which you can often buy in shops serving african and asian communities.
Banana is good for part of one meal.
Potato is easy to prepare.
Maize in the form of polenta or cornflour made into a sauce with water is also useful.

I would also ask your doctor to be refered to a dietician for advice to ensure that your baby gets a properly balanced diet. Starch plus veg won't be enough.

gluten, egg and dairy free diets for 6-12 month old baby: from celine kaddu on 2006-06-26

Need to find out where I can buy more variety to make G/W /D free food for my son.
He is lactose intolerant and now needs gluten free and wheat free food.
Loves Quinoa and veg and all the meals I get onthe web but they are mostly all very spicey and more for older people.

gluten, egg and dairy free diets for 6-12 month old baby: from michelle on 2006-07-18

i need to find some ideas for my 11 mth old who has milk and dairy intolerant after get a virus could any one please help me

gluten, egg and dairy free diets for 6-12 month old baby: from Sandra Gardner on 2006-12-06

Hi.

I just wanted to write to say that I have two egg allergic children of which one is also intolorant to dairy. Over the last 8 years I have been cooking dairy and egg free cakes and over the last 2 years have devised a recipe for Wheat/Gluten/Dairy and egg free cake due to some of my friends being intolorant to these products.

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Sandra

gluten, egg and dairy free diets for 6-12 month old baby: from anita on 2007-07-07

my little boy is 8 months old he gets a very sore face if he eats gluten,egg,wheat and dairy and it can drive him mad has ezema too no creams help do your children suffer with this?

gluten, egg and dairy free diets for 6-12 month old baby: from Grace on 2008-01-13

Hi,

my kids are having the same allergies. For breakfast, they are having either toast bread (Ener-G GlutenFree bread) with sliced ham or sliced chicken, cereals (Kellogg's Frosties, Gorilla munch, Barbara's Rice Puffins), or just fruits with soy yoghurt. Hope this helps