1lb / 450g cooking apples
1 oz / 25g molasses
1 oz / 25g butter
2 oz / 50g ground almonds
- Peel and core the apples and cook with the minimum of water (microwave with no added water).
- Cream the butter and molasses together and then beat in the almonds.
- Beat the egg on its own and then beat into the butter / almond mixture.
- Spread the cooked apple in a shallow pie dish and then cover with the almond mixture.
- Cook in a preheated oven, gas mark 4, 350°F, 180°C, for 25 -35 minutes or until lightly set and the top is golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold with ice cream, whipped cream or yogurt.