Very large potatoes can be difficult to cook, and they are more likely to be blackened inside. Select unblemished medium sized potatoes if possible. The most nutritious part is just below the skin, and the fibre is in the skin.
2 or 3 medium sized potatoes make a reasonable meal.
- Scrub the potatoes and dry them.
- Prick a few times with a fork.
- Wipe the potato with olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven, gas mark 5, 375F, 190C, until soft.
- Baking time does depend on the size of the potato, from 40 minutes for small potatoes to 80 minutes for larger ones.
- Serve with a little olive oil and a salad or a selection of vegetables.