Makes 1 1/2 lb
4 oz / 100g millet flakes
4 oz / 100g oat flakes
4 oz / 100g dessicated coconut
3 oz / 75 g chopped hazel nuts
3 oz / 75 g chopped dates
2 oz / 50 g butter
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon black treacle or molasses
- Melt the butter, molasses and honey together over a gentle heat.
- Stir in the millet flakes, oat flakes and coconut, together with the chopped nuts and dates, and ensure they are well mixed.
- Line a shallow 11 x 8 inch / 28 x 20 cm tin with foil.
- Spread the mixed ingredients over the foil in the tin and press down well.
- Bake at 300°F, 150°C, Gas Mark 2 for 30 - 45 minutes.
- Cut into fingers while hot and then leave to cool in the tin.
- Sultanas, chopped figs or chopped dried apricots may be used in place of the dates.