Hot garlic potatoes - vegetarian lifestyle recipe book
Ingredients: Hot garlic potatoes - vegetarian lifestyle recipe book
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 lb new potatoes (small potatoes can be left whole but larger potatoes should be sliced)
1/2 lb tomatoes, skinned and chopped
3 oz sultanas
1 small carton cream
2 oz toasted pine kernels
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
Instructions: Hot garlic potatoes - vegetarian lifestyle recipe book
- Fry onion and garlic in the oil until soft.
- Add turmeric and chillies and fry for further 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, stir and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring several times.
- Add tomatoes, sultanas and salt. Cook uncovered for a few minutes.
- Fry gently until the potatoes are cooked.
- Toss the potatoes in the cream.
- Sprinkle with pine kernels and coriander and serve hot.