For each person
Leftover mashed potato, enough to make a 6" / 15 cm round
1 medium onion
2 oz / 50 g mushrooms
1 clove garlic, crushed
fresh herbs to taste
- Make a 6" / 15 cm round of mashed potato for each person and brush with a little oil.
- Put it into the oven or under the grill to heat through.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the onions, mushrooms and garlic gently until cooked.
- Add a little hot water and simmer until you have a thick sauce.
- Spread this sauce on the potato, top with sliced tomatoes and sprinkle the herbs over.
- Replace under the grill until the tomatoes are lightly cooked.
- Serve with a salad.
- If you do not wish to cook the tomatoes at all, they can be served fresh with the salad.
- Add chopped nuts and sesame seeds to the onion and mushroom.
- Add bean sprouts to the onion and mushroom.